Information We Collect
We only collect information that is reasonably necessary for, or directly related to, one or more of our functions or activities. We may obtain personal information about you from various sources. We may collect this information when you provide it at one of our counters, stores, on our site, our social media platforms, our social networking or mobile applications, or at one of our events. When you visit this site, our social media platforms, or social networking or mobile applications, we may also collect certain information by automated means, using technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons.
Information You Provide
You may choose to provide personal information to us in a number of ways, such as when you participate in an offer or promotion, or when you make a purchase on our site, at our counters or in our stores. The types of personal information you may provide to us includes:
- Contact information (such as name, postal address, email address, and mobile or other phone number)
- Age and date of birth
- Username and password
- Payment information (such as your payment card number, expiration date, delivery address, and billing address)
- Your skincare concerns
- Contact information for friends or other people you would like us to contact
- Content you provide (such as photographs, videos, reviews, articles and comments)
- Information provided to us by social networks or mobile applications when you visit our social media platforms or use one of our social networking or mobile applications (such as your name, profile picture, likes, location, friend list and other information described in the social networking application sign-up page, or your geo-location details when using one of our mobile applications)
For some services you may not be required to identify yourself. However, if you do not provide us with the information we request, we may not be able to contact you and may not be able to customise our services to suit you.
How We Use The Information
The information you provide to us during a purchase is collected for the primary purpose of completing the purchase transaction. In other circumstances the primary reason we collect information is to help ensure that the information that the information provided to you about our products and services is relevant. We may use the information you provide to:
- Send you promotional materials or other communications
- Provide services to you
- Process your payment and/or gift card transactions
- Create and manage your online account
- Respond to your inquiries
- Communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, contests, sweepstakes, programs, surveys and other offers
- Operate and communicate with you about our social networking or mobile applications
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; enhancing and improving our services; managing our communications; analysing our products; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions)
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies
Information We Collect by Automated MeansWhen you visit this site, or open an email from us, or click on our online advertisements, or use one of our social networking or mobile applications, we collect certain information by automated means, using technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons. The types of information that is collected in this way includes:
- When and how you use our websites and apps.
- Which products you have purchased online including when and how you made the purchase.
- Your interests, choices and preferences to the extent that you tell us or we can infer them from the other information that we collect.
Technologies We Use
Cookies,Web Server Logs and Web BeaconsCookies are small text files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in your browser. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies and how to restrict or disable certain cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our website. In conjunction with obtaining information through cookies, our web servers may log details such as your operating system type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone in which your device is located. The web server logs also may record information such as the address of the web page that linked you to our site and the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet. The information collected is necessary to enable us to deliver of relevant and fully functioning electronic communications to you at a relevant time. To control which web servers collect this information, we may place tags on our web pages called “web beacons.” These are computer instructions that link web pages to particular web servers and their cookies.
Third Party Web Analytics ServicesWe may use third party web analytics services on this site, our social media platforms, or our social networking or mobile applications, such as those of Adobe Site Catalyst and Google Analytics. The service providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons to help us analyse how visitors use the site. The information collected through these means (including IP address) is disclosed to these service providers, who use the information to evaluate use of the website. You may deactivate the ability of these analytic services to analyse your browsing activities on this site. To learn more about Adobe Site Catalyst, and exercise your choice with respect to their collection of information on this site, please click here. To disable the Google Analytics cookie, some browsers indicate when a cookie is being sent and allow you to decline cookies on a case-by-case basis
How We Use the Information Collected by Automated MeansWe may use the information collected through automated means on this site to deliver personalised content, for market research, data analytics and system administration purposes, such as to determine whether you’ve visited us before or are new to the site, and for compliance with our legal obligations, policies and procedures, including compliance with relevant industry standards and the enforcement of our Terms and Conditions. We also may use the information in other ways for which specific notice is provided at the time of collection.
Information We ShareWe do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information we collect about you, except as described here. We may share your personal information with:
- Service providers who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions. We maintain effective control of the handling of personal information shared with service providers. We do not authorise these service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. Examples of these service providers include entities that process credit card payments, fulfill orders, and provide web hosting and marketing services.
- Other third parties with your consent (e.g., some of our Facebook applications may share information collected through those applications with your Facebook friends or other Facebook users).
Your Rights and ChoicesWe offer you certain choices in connection with the personal information we collect from you, such as how we use the information and how we communicate with you. To update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists or submit a request, please contact us as specified below.
Email Opt-OutYou can at any time tell us not to send you marketing communications by email by clicking on the unsubscribe link within the marketing emails you receive from us or by contacting us as indicated below. You also may opt out of receiving marketing emails from Estee Lauder Australia by < a href="https://www.esteelauder.com.au/customer_service/contact.tmpl">clicking here.
Postal Mail Opt-OutYou can ask Estee Lauder Australia to stop sending you marketing communications by postal mail by following the instructions that may be included in a particular promotion. You also can request that we refrain from sending you promotional postal mail by contacting us as indicated below.
Text Message Opt-OutYou can ask us to stop sending text messages to a particular phone by visiting your Account Profile and updating your preferences. You also can request that we refrain from sending you text messages by contacting us as indicated below.
Social Networking Application Opt-OutTo remove or delete our apps from your social networking account, follow the instructions from the social network:
- Facebook: provided by the Facebook Help Center.
Geo-Location InformationWhen you use one of our mobile applications, you may be asked for your geo-location. You may choose not to share your geo-location details by adjusting your mobile device’s location services settings. To decline from sharing your geo-location details, follow the instructions on your mobile device on changing the relevant settings; otherwise, please contact your service provider or device manufacturer.
Withdrawing ConsentYou may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us, or object at any time on legitimate grounds, to the processing of your personal information. We will apply your preferences going forward within a reasonable amount of time. In some circumstances, withdrawing your consent to our use or disclosure of your personal information will mean that you cannot take advantage of some of our products or services.
Reviewing, Updating and Modifying Personal InformationSubject to applicable law, you have the right to request access to and receive details about the personal information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal data, and have the information corrected or deleted, as appropriate. You may request to review, correct and/or delete your personal information by contacting us here.
How We Protect Personal InformationWe store your personal information using paper records, if you provide it to us on paper and/or electronically. We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. We also de-identify or destroy information that we no longer need.
Links To Other WebsitesOur website may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from us. Linked sites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for the sites’ content, any use of the sites, or the privacy practices of the sites.
ComplaintsIf you are concerned about the way we have managed or used your personal information please contact using the information specified below. We will investigate your complaint and contact you regarding out findings and any steps we propose to take to address your concerns. If you are unhappy with our handling of your complaint, the complaint may then be taken to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Locked Bag 1050